Minoxidil 5% w/v
Hair regrowth treatment for men
For external use only. For use by men only.
Extremely Flammable: Keep away from fire or flame.
Do not use if
- you are a woman
- your amount of hair loss is different than that shown on side of this carton or your hair loss is on the front of the scalp. 5% minoxidil topical solution is not intended for frontal baldness or receding hairline
- you have no family history of hair loss
- your hair loss is sudden and/or patchy
- you do not know the reason for your hair loss
- you are under 18 years of age. Do not use on babies and children
- your scalp is red, inflamed, infected, irritated, or painful
- you use other medicines on the scalp
Ask a doctor before use if you have heart disease
When using this product
- do not apply on other parts of the body
- avoid contact with the eyes. In case of accidental contact, rinse eyes with large amounts of cool tap water.
- some people have experienced changes in hair color and/or texture
- it takes time to regrow hair. Results may occur at 2 months with twice a day usage. For some men, you may need to use this product for at least 4 months before you see results.
- the amount of hair regrowth is different for each person. This product will not work for all men.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- chest pain, rapid heartbeat, faintness, or dizziness occurs
- sudden, unexplained weight gain occurs
- your hands or feet swell
- scalp irritation or redness occurs
- unwanted facial hair growth occurs
- you do not see hair regrowth in 4 months
May be harmful if used when pregnant or breast-feeding.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- apply one mL with dropper 2 times a day directly onto the scalp in the hair loss area
- using more or more often will not improve results
- continued use is necessary to increase and keep your hair regrowth, or hair loss will begin again
- see hair loss pictures on side of this carton
- before use, read all information on package and enclosed booklet
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- hair regrowth has not been shown to last longer than 48 weeks in large clinical trials with continuous treatment of 5% minoxidil topical solution for men
- in clinical studies with mostly white men aged 18-49 years with moderate degrees of hair loss, 5% minoxidil topical solution for men provided more hair regrowth than 2% minoxidil topical solution
- store at controlled room temperature 20° to 25° C (68° to 77° F)
alcohol, propylene glycol, purified water